Now onto the recipe for the week which is made with apples. Apples are loaded with fibre but also with Calcium D-Glucarate which aids in liver detoxification. So enjoy folks and don’t forget to get your Five Must-Have Tools To Balancing Your Hormones Naturally.
- CRAN APPLE MIXTURE
- 3-5 apples (depending on size – about 1.5 lbs), peeled, cored and chopped
- ½ cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- GRAIN-FREE TOPPING
- 1 tbsp organic butter
- 3 tbsp tapioca starch
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine honey, coconut oil, and spices to melt and then mix thoroughly.
- Pour honey, oil, and spice mixture over apples and cranberries. Then toss to combine.
- Spread fruit in glass corningware bowl that’s oven safe.
- In a small bowl, mix all topping ingredients and mix well.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over fruit.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until fruit is soft and juices are bubbling and topping is browned and crisp.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes and serve warm.